PADI Advanced Open Water Course in Gran Canaria
COVID-19 Diving Centre Update
We are Open! The Canary Islands have had some of the lowest infection rates in Spain, and British and German visitors no longer need to quarantine on return home. This makes us one of the safest holiday diving destinations in these changed times.
See our short Question & Answer video about diving during the CoronaVirus.
PADI Advanced Open Water (AOW) qualification in the subtropical waters around Gran Canaria
If you are looking for somewhere to enjoy your PADI Advanced Open Water
(AOW) Course then the best place to do it is in the Marine Reserve at El
Cabrón near Arinaga. The diving is always special here, with dramatic underwater
scenery and lots of marine life to see.
Using our expert knowledge of the El Cabrón we use a series of different dive sites which match the topics of the PADI Advanced Open Water course perfectly. This will show you different sides of the Reserve, and with such a prolific and varied marine life here this is an excellent place to choose fish identification as one of your specialist dives!
On your PADI Advanced Open Water course we do the theory in the garden of our spacious dive centre at 'Casa Limon', and then five different adventure dives in the marine reserve, each one of which introduces you to new types of diving and environments. It is an ideal way to broaden your knowledge of diving and increase your confidence by undertaking a set of dives which have increased risk or skill requirements following your PADI Open Water Course. The El Cabrón area is famous because the volcanic reef has arches, caves, cliffs and with these varied habitats it is a marine-life hotspot where you can see almost the whole catalog of marine species from tiny seahorses to angel sharks and butterfly rays. The main advantages of taking your PADI Advanced Open Water course in the El Cabrón Marine Reserve are:-
- See more, build your experience, with over 10 routes and 400 marine species
- 'Casa Limon' is the most spacious and relaxed dive centre in Gran Canaria, the perfect place to take a PADI Course
- Our team of PADI Instructors are mature, knowledgeable and highly rated on TripAdviser!
PADI AOW Course - Content and options
To get your PADI Advanced Open Water certificate you do five adventure dives in open water, which must include a deep dive in the marine reserve and a navigation dive. The other three dives can be chosen from our list and may include wreck, boat, night, photographic, multi-level or computer (see the full list below). There is also some reading, video sessions, knowledge reviews and tests/quizzes. You can choose your three elective dives from the following list :
- Multilevel Dive and computer (including FREE use of dive computer)
- Underwater Naturalist
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Night Dive *(Check out the night dive simulator!)
- Search and Recovery
- Aware Shark Conservation
- Digital Underwater Photography (check out our Photo Gallery)
- PADI Aware - Fish Identification
- Enriched Air *(NITROX)
- Boat Dive *(In the South of the Island)
- Wreck Dive *(In the South of the Island)
All of these options are described in much more detail on the PADI Advanced Open Water Options page.
Here are some students on their dives:
Free use of Dive Computers!
What you get
Other students said ..
2016-01-29 Paul G Published by Tripadvisor.co.uk See full review
2016-03-15 desmond88yong Published by Tripadvisor.co.uk See full review
Jukka and Pipsa - From: Finland
I am back in the office in cold Amsterdam, I wear long sleeves,
a warm top, I am freezing. I had a great week last week, diving all week, and I got the
confirmation already for the certification.
I hope I will be diving with you again, maybe beginning of next year.
Anne Marie Hartman - From: Amsterdam
See more Guestbook entries.
What Next ?
How much will it cost?
- The price of obtaining your PADI Advanced Open Water Qualification in the marine reserve at El Cabrón is €365.00 per person for web bookings at least 7 days in advance, which includes six dives in the marine reserve; full equipment hire; your on-line registration with PADI (your PADI Divers Card); mandatory Spanish insurance; use of dive computers, compass and other equipment; and all the services listed below. Prices also include Canary Sales Tax (IGIC).
- If you have your own equipment the price is €320.00 per person
- If you do the Advanced and Nitrox course together the price is €420.00 per person excluding equipment.
- A single person supplement of €50 may be charged if you want to do your course on your own with a private instructor.
- Small supplements apply for boat, wreck, nitrox and night dives, and the basic package assumes you have your own equipment.
- Spanish law requires you to have a medical examination. This can be done before you get here, or in Gran Canaria where the cost is about €25-€40 per person.
- If for any reason you do not complete the course a pro-rata price will be charged.
Reserve your place on a great PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course !
Summary of Course PADI Advanced Open Water
The three-day PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course will build your skills and confidence so you can take on more challenging dives. By taking it in the El Cabrón marine Reserve with PADI 5-Star Diving Centre Davy Jones Diving you see the authentic Canarian Marine life at one of the island's top diving sites, with one of the leading dive centres in the Canary Islands.
Some suggested dates for
|Course name / Week||Week commencing (Mon)||Week ending (Sat)||Link for details|
|PADI Advanced Open Water Course- Wk 45||2-11-2020||7-11-2020||- Check availability now!|
|PADI Advanced Open Water Course- Wk 46||9-11-2020||14-11-2020||- Places Available|
|PADI Advanced Open Water Course- Wk 47||16-11-2020||21-11-2020||- Places Available|
|PADI Advanced Open Water Course - later dates||From 2020-11-23||- Click to check|
FAQ and More detailed information
NO Deposit, Cancellation or Change fees!