PADI Scuba Diver Course
COVID-19 Diving Centre Update
We are Open! The Canary Islands have had some of the lowest infection rates in Spain, and new infections are now minimal. This makes us one of the safest holiday diving destinations in these changed times.
See our short Question & Answer video about diving during the CoronaVirus.
Get your PADI Scuba Diver qualification in the subtropical waters around Gran Canaria
If you are looking for somewhere on Gran Canaria to enjoy your PADI Scuba Diver Course then the best place to do it is in the Marine Reserve at El Cabrón near Arinaga. The diving is always special here, with dramatic underwater scenery and lots of marine life to see.
If you want to learn to scuba dive, but don't have much time, then this course is the best option for starting your diving training. This is a 'half' course which takes beginners with no previous experience through the first half of the world-recognised PADI Open Water Diver course - the standard for qualified divers. It is ideal if you want to start your qualification process on one holiday and complete it on the next.
It is possible to start the week with no previous experience of scuba diving and in just two days learn the basics of scuba diving, and gain your world-recognised PADI Scuba Diver certification. But this is not just any PADI Scuba Diver course, as unlike other schools, both the sea dives take place in the beautiful waters of Gran Canaria's only marine reserve. So you have fun taking the course, but you also get two dives in one of Spain and Europe's best places to dive with a top PADI Gold Palm Resort - Davy Jones Diving.
On your PADI Scuba Diver course we do the theory in the garden of our spacious dive centre at 'Casa Limon', and then two dives in the marine reserve, each one of which introduces you to new skills. . The El Cabrón area is famous because the volcanic reef has arches, caves, cliffs and with these varied habitats it is a marine-life hotspot where you can see almost the whole catalog of marine species from tiny seahorses to angel sharks and butterfly rays. The main advantages of taking your PADI Scuba Diver course in the El Cabrón Marine Reserve are:-
- See more, build your experience, with over 10 routes and 400 marine species
- 'Casa Limon' is the most spacious and relaxed dive centre in Gran Canaria, the perfect place to take a PADI Course
- Our team of PADI Instructors are mature, knowledgeable and highly rated on TripAdviser!
Your lessons start in the pool and you learn essential basic skills including breathing underwater, clearing your regulator and mask, buoyancy control, finning techniques and techniques for safe diving. You then build on these basic skills and practice them both in the pool, and then in the sea, all the time under the supervision of one of our qualified and experienced PADI Instructors. All the teaching and support materials are used to ensure that you understand the simple physics behind diving and to give you the confidence and enthusiasm to continue diving after your course. In addition to the prescribed skills we aim to develop your confidence in the water, so that you leave us as a safe, competent and qualified diver.
Duration and Logistics
Full Insurance Cover for all Students
Junior Scuba Diver Course
Deutsch - Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Español -Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Nederlands - Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Exams and tests also available in Italiano French, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian *
Verbal instruction is available in English, German, Dutch or Spanish
Keeping you safe
What you get
How much will it cost?
- The price of obtaining your PADI Scuba Diver Qualification in the marine reserve at El Cabrón is €265.00 per person, which includes all the equipment, mandatory Spanish insurance, and your on-line registration with PADI, and all the items listed as included below.
- PADI now require all students to have access to their own copy of the manual. You can bring one with you, or purchase one here. There are options to purchase just the manual, or money saving kits which include log books and DVD.
- If you answer 'YES' to any of the questions on the medical form, you must have a medical examination. This can be done before you get here, or in Gran Canaria where the cost is about €30-€40 per person.
- If for any reason you do not complete the course a pro-rata price will be charged.
What is included
- If possible you complete your reading of the PADI manual before you come to Gran Canaria.
- All students on all courses should have a log-book in which to record their dives. We have several different logbooks from €8 to €25.
- That by the end of the course you should have tried and found a comfortable mask and snorkel.
Reserve your place in Gran Canaria on a great PADI Scuba Diver course!
Summary of your PADI Scuba Diver Course
The two-day PADI Scuba Diver Course is your first step to becoming a qualified diver. You can upgrade to an Open Water Diver at any time in the future. By taking it in the El Cabrón marine Reserve with PADI 5-Star Diving Centre Davy Jones Diving you see the authentic Canarian Marine life at one of the island's top diving sites, with one of the leading dive centres in the Canary Islands.
Some suggested dates for your
|Course name / Week||Week commencing (Mon)||Week ending (Sat)||Link for details|
|PADI Scuba Diver Course- Wk 40||28-9-2020||3-10-2020||- Check availability now!|
|PADI Scuba Diver Course- Wk 41||5-10-2020||10-10-2020||- Places Available|
|PADI Scuba Diver Course- Wk 42||12-10-2020||17-10-2020||- Places Available|
|PADI Scuba Diver Course - later dates||From 2020-10-19||- Click to check|
NO Deposit, Cancellation or Change fees!