PADI Scuba Diver Course
Get your PADI Scuba Diver qualification in the subtropical waters around Gran Canaria
If you are looking for somewhere on Gran Canaria to enjoy your PADI Scuba Diver Course then the best place to do it is in the Marine Reserve at El Cabrón near Arinaga. The diving is always special here, with dramatic underwater scenery and lots of marine life to see.
If you want to learn to scuba dive, but don't have much time, then this course is the best option for starting your diving training. This is a 'half' course which takes beginners with no previous experience through the first half of the world-recognised PADI Open Water Diver course - the standard for qualified divers. It is ideal if you want to start your qualification process on one holiday and complete it on the next.
It is possible to start the week with no previous experience of scuba diving and in just two days learn the basics of scuba diving, and gain your world-recognised PADI Scuba Diver certification. But this is not just any PADI Scuba Diver course, as unlike other schools, both the sea dives take place in the beautiful waters of Gran Canaria's only marine reserve. So you have fun taking the course, but you also get two dives in one of Spain and Europe's best places to dive with a top PADI Gold Palm Resort - Davy Jones Diving.
On your PADI Scuba Diver course we do the theory in the garden of our spacious dive centre at 'Casa Limon', and then two dives in the marine reserve, each one of which introduces you to new skills. . The El Cabrón area is famous because the volcanic reef has arches, caves, cliffs and with these varied habitats it is a marine-life hotspot where you can see almost the whole catalog of marine species from tiny seahorses to angel sharks and butterfly rays. The main advantages of taking your PADI Scuba Diver course in the El Cabrón Marine Reserve are:-
- See more, build your experience, with over 10 routes and 400 marine species
- 'Casa Limon' is the most spacious and relaxed dive centre in Gran Canaria, the perfect place to take a PADI Course
- Our team of PADI Instructors are mature, knowledgeable and highly rated on TripAdviser!
Your lessons start in the pool and you learn essential basic skills including breathing underwater, clearing your regulator and mask, buoyancy control, finning techniques and techniques for safe diving. You then build on these basic skills and practice them both in the pool, and then in the sea, all the time under the supervision of one of our qualified and experienced PADI Instructors. All the teaching and support materials are used to ensure that you understand the simple physics behind diving and to give you the confidence and enthusiasm to continue diving after your course. In addition to the prescribed skills we aim to develop your confidence in the water, so that you leave us as a safe, competent and qualified diver.
Duration and Logistics
Full Insurance Cover for all Students
Junior Scuba Diver Course
Deutsch - Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Español -Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Nederlands - Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Italiano -Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Exams and tests also available in French, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian *
Verbal instruction is available in English, German, Dutch, Italian or Spanish
Keeping you safe
What you get
What Next ?
How much will it cost?
- The price of obtaining your PADI Scuba Diver Qualification in the marine reserve at El Cabrón is €250 per person, which includes all the equipment, mandatory Spanish insurance, and your on-line registration with PADI, and all the items listed as included below.
- PADI now require all students to have
access to their own copy of the manual. You
can bring one with you, or purchase one here.
There are options to purchase just the
manual, or money saving kits which include
log books and DVD. Families or partners need
only purchase one copy between them.
Offer 1 - Course fee plus PADI Open Water Manual - €285
Offer 2 - Course fee plus PADI Crew-Pack with Manual, DVD and Logbook €299
- If you answer 'YES' to any of the questions on the medical form, you must have a medical examination. This can be done before you get here, or in Gran Canaria where the cost is about €20-€30 per person.
- If for any reason you do not complete the course a pro-rata price will be charged.
- Special Offers "Spring into the water" 2017
Book now and save! Book your 2017 diving course and get
a 'Spring into the water', or take advantage of extra discounts for pre-booked courses during Spring 2017
Two-for-One on PADI Crew-packs for your PADI Course.
If you are taking the PADI Scuba Diver, PADI Open Water, PADI Advanced or PADI Rescue Diver Course, then you can get a second Crew-Pack at no extra cost!. You can either get two the same if two or more people do the course, or you can choose an extra manuals for future courses. For example, when you do the PADI Open Water you can get both your PADI Open Water and PADI Advanced Crew-packs saving up to €50 on your PADI Advanced Course! Lowest priced manual is free.
- Free Equipment hire on additional days!
If you complete a PADI course with us you can book extra days of diving .. and get the equipment hire free of charge! You just pay for the dives and Save up to €20 per person!
- Save up to €25 with Free manuals on PADI Speciality Courses - Book one of our top 6 PADI Speciality course for low season weeks and we provide the manual (normally €25) for free. You can choose Nitrox, Deep, Wreck, Multi-level, Digital Underwater Photography or Shark Aware Speciality courses as part of your training for the PADI Master Scuba, and manuals are available in English and German (for other languages check availability).
- Free Camera Hire for all Daycourses. If you book a Daycourse then each group can use one of our Underwater Action Cameras to record your dive. You can bring a compatible micro-sdhc with you or buy one from us, saving you up to €13.00 and helping you take some great memories home with you.
- Public Services Week -1 May - 13 May
We know how hard many public service workers such as Teachers, Nurses, Police, Fire, Military and others have to work shifts over Christmas and Public Holidays to keep essential services running. So to thank them for their dedication we are holding a ´Public Services Event´ in early May 2017. If you work for any public service including military, then a special discount will be applied to all diving during this period!
These low season prices apply to reservations for the periods 09/01/2017 to 31/03/2017 and from 01/05/17 to 24/06/17 for bookings made in advance through our website. These offers cannot be used with other offers and there is limited availability for some, so use our Contact form to get your discount confirmed. (E & O E)
Extra Dates! Due to Cancellations we have some extra places available for the same offers, from Saturday April 8th to Saturday 22nd April. Contact us and quote "EASTERSPECIAL" to find out what is available.Use our Contact form to see if any offers are available for this course during your visit to Gran Canaria.
Offers subject to Instructor availability.
- Two-for-One on PADI Crew-packs for your PADI Course.
What is included
- If possible you complete your reading of the PADI manual before you come to Gran Canaria.
- All students on all courses should have a log-book in which to record their dives. We have several different logbooks from €8 to €25.
- That by the end of the course you should have tried and found a comfortable mask and snorkel.