PADI Enriched Air Nitrox (EAN)
Get your PADI Nitrox card in Gran Canaria
Where better to learn about diving with
enriched air mixes (Nitrox or EAN) than in a
Marine Reserve in Spain?. This course
takes you through all aspects of planning and
undertaking dives which involve the use of
Nitrox, and then takes you on some great
dives to try it out.
Nitrox is an enriched mix of normal air and oxygen for scuba divers, and it lets you dive for a longer time at a given depth without an increased risk of decompression sickness. It is not however a gas that lets you go deeper - in fact with Nitrox you have to be much more aware of your maximun depth. During the theoretical part of this course we explain why this is, and show you how to manage your nitrox so that you can dive safely with it. You then get two great dives in Gran Canaria's El Cabrón marine reserve, where you can taste it and test it properly so that you see the practical effects of using nitrox.
On your PADI Nitrox course we do the theory in the garden of our spacious dive centre at 'Casa Limon', and then two dives in the marine reserve, each one of which introduces you to the analysis and use of Nitrox for diving. The El Cabrón area is famous because the volcanic reef has arches, caves, cliffs and with these varied habitats it is a marine-life hotspot where you can see almost the whole catalog of marine species from tiny seahorses to angel sharks and butterfly rays. The main advantages of taking your PADI Nitrox course in the El Cabrón Marine Reserve are:-
- See more, build your experience, with over 10 routes and 400 marine species
- 'Casa Limon' is the most spacious and relaxed dive centre in Gran Canaria, the perfect place to take your PADI Course
- Our team of PADI Elite Instructors are mature, knowledgeable and highly rated on TripAdviser!
You start by learning about Nitrox and how to analyse it. You then build on these basic skills and practice them both in the sea, all the time under the supervision of one of our qualified and experienced PADI Instructors. All the teaching and support materials are used to ensure that you understand the simple physics behind NITROX and to give you the confidence and enthusiasm to continue diving after your course. In addition to the prescribed skills we aim to develop your confidence in the water, so that you leave us as a safe, competent and qualified diver.
Free use of Nitrox Dive Computer!
Duration and Logistics
Deutsch - Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Español -Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Nederlands - Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Italiano -Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Exams and tests also available in French, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian *
Verbal instruction is available in English, German, Dutch, Italian or Spanish
Keeping you safe
What you get
What Next ?
How much will it cost?
- The price of obtaining your PADI Nitrox Qualification in the marine reserve at El Cabrón is €155 per person including registration with PADI as an Enriched Air Diver, who will then provide a training qualification card.
- We recommend that every student get their own copy of the new PADI Enriched Air Nitrox manual, priced at €25. If you want the full set of Nitrox tables as well as the manual there is a PADI pack available for around €45 depending upon language and options selected.
- We recommend that you should have a minimum of your own mask, fins and snorkel, and all other equipment can be hired on a daily basis.
- The price includes two dives with equipment, Nitrox charges, all logistics, collection and return and PADI Registration fees.
- Special Offers "Spring into the water" 2017
Book now and save! Book your 2017 diving course and get
a 'Spring into the water', or take advantage of extra discounts for pre-booked courses during Spring 2017
Two-for-One on PADI Crew-packs for your PADI Course.
If you are taking the PADI Scuba Diver, PADI Open Water, PADI Advanced or PADI Rescue Diver Course, then you can get a second Crew-Pack at no extra cost!. You can either get two the same if two or more people do the course, or you can choose an extra manuals for future courses. For example, when you do the PADI Open Water you can get both your PADI Open Water and PADI Advanced Crew-packs saving up to €50 on your PADI Advanced Course! Lowest priced manual is free.
- Free Equipment hire on additional days!
If you complete a PADI course with us you can book extra days of diving .. and get the equipment hire free of charge! You just pay for the dives and Save up to €20 per person!
- Save up to €25 with Free manuals on PADI Speciality Courses - Book one of our top 6 PADI Speciality course for low season weeks and we provide the manual (normally €25) for free. You can choose Nitrox, Deep, Wreck, Multi-level, Digital Underwater Photography or Shark Aware Speciality courses as part of your training for the PADI Master Scuba, and manuals are available in English and German (for other languages check availability).
- Free Camera Hire for all Daycourses. If you book a Daycourse then each group can use one of our Underwater Action Cameras to record your dive. You can bring a compatible micro-sdhc with you or buy one from us, saving you up to €13.00 and helping you take some great memories home with you.
- Public Services Week -1 May - 13 May
We know how hard many public service workers such as Teachers, Nurses, Police, Fire, Military and others have to work shifts over Christmas and Public Holidays to keep essential services running. So to thank them for their dedication we are holding a ´Public Services Event´ in early May 2017. If you work for any public service including military, then a special discount will be applied to all diving during this period!
These low season prices apply to reservations for the periods 09/01/2017 to 31/03/2017 and from 01/05/17 to 24/06/17 for bookings made in advance through our website. These offers cannot be used with other offers and there is limited availability for some, so use our Contact form to get your discount confirmed. (E & O E)
Extra Dates! Due to Cancellations we have some extra places available for the same offers, from Saturday April 8th to Saturday 22nd April. Contact us and quote "EASTERSPECIAL" to find out what is available.Use our Contact form to see if any offers are available for this course during your visit to Gran Canaria.
Offers subject to Instructor availability.
- Two-for-One on PADI Crew-packs for your PADI Course.