PADI Enriched Air Nitrox (EAN)
COVID-19 and Gran canaria Diving Centre Update
We are FULLY OPEN! COVID-19 - on Gran Canaria most attractions and hotels are now open, including our PADI diving centre.
You can travel safely to Gran Canaria and enjoy your scuba diving holiday, learn to diveor improve your skills on a PADI Course in the Canaries.
See our short Question & Answer video about diving during the CoronaVirus.
Get your PADI Nitrox card in Gran Canaria
Where better to learn about diving with enriched air mixes (Nitrox or EAN) than in a Marine Reserve in Spain?. This course takes you through all aspects of planning and undertaking dives which involve the use of Nitrox, and then takes you on some great dives to try it out.
Nitrox is an enriched mix of normal air and oxygen for scuba divers, and it lets you dive for a longer time at a given depth without an increased risk of decompression sickness. It is not however a gas that lets you go deeper - in fact with Nitrox you have to be much more aware of your maximun depth. During the theoretical part of this course we explain why this is, and show you how to manage your nitrox so that you can dive safely with it. You then get two great dives in Gran Canaria's El Cabrón marine reserve, where you can taste it and test it properly so that you see the practical effects of using nitrox.
On your PADI Nitrox course we do the theory in the garden of our spacious dive centre at 'Casa Limon', and then two dives in the marine reserve, each one of which introduces you to the analysis and use of Nitrox for diving. The El Cabrón area is famous because the volcanic reef has arches, caves, cliffs and with these varied habitats it is a marine-life hotspot where you can see almost the whole catalog of marine species from tiny seahorses to angel sharks and butterfly rays. The main advantages of taking your PADI Nitrox course in the El Cabrón Marine Reserve are:-
- See more, build your experience, with over 10 routes and 400 marine species
- 'Casa Limon' is the most spacious and relaxed dive centre in Gran Canaria, the perfect place to take your PADI Course
- Our team of PADI Elite Instructors are mature, knowledgeable and highly rated on TripAdviser!
You start by learning about Nitrox and how to analyse it. You then build on these basic skills and practice them both in the sea, all the time under the supervision of one of our qualified and experienced PADI Instructors. All the teaching and support materials are used to ensure that you understand the simple physics behind NITROX and to give you the confidence and enthusiasm to continue diving after your course. In addition to the prescribed skills we aim to develop your confidence in the water, so that you leave us as a safe, competent and qualified diver.
Free use of Nitrox Dive Computer!
Duration and Logistics
Deutsch - Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Español -Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Nederlands - Instruction, Books and papers, Video
Exams and tests also available in Italiano French, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian *
Verbal instruction is available in English, German, Dutch or Spanish
Keeping you safe
What you get
How much will it cost?
- The price of obtaining your PADI Nitrox Qualification in the marine reserve at El Cabrón is €155 per person including registration with PADI as an Enriched Air Diver, who will then provide a training qualification card.
- We recommend that every student get their own copy of the new PADI Enriched Air Nitrox manual, priced at €25. If you want the full set of Nitrox tables as well as the manual there is a PADI pack available for around €45 depending upon language and options selected.
- We recommend that you should have a minimum of your own mask, fins and snorkel, and all other equipment can be hired on a daily basis.
- The price includes two dives with equipment, Nitrox charges, all logistics, collection and return and PADI Registration fees.
- To dive in Spain, you must be fit to dive. You will fill in an WRSTC/PADI self-certification medical form and if you reply 'No' to all the questions you need no further checks. If you reply 'Yes' to some of the questions you will need to get a medical check done by a doctor. These can be arranged in Gran Canaria for between €30 and €40.
- In order to keep the centre free of COVID-19 we insist that all students are free of symptoms and recent contacts. When vaccination roll-out reaches your age-group we expect you to be vaccinated before arrival.
How to reserve your place on a course
NO Deposit, Cancellation or Change fees!